Monday, March 29, 2010

Pores no more!


I have found a new love, and it is a strange one. Let me preface this by saying that I am not keen on MAC's skincare line. As much as I love them for color, their face products have always reacted badly with my skin. Nevertheless, a MAC makeup artist recently did my makeup for an important event, and she used this product on me. It is the MAC Prep and Prime Skin Refined Zone Treatment ($19.50) and it is amazing. I was sold after seeing my skin with this.

I apply it after washing my face and moisturizing, using less than a pea size amount. I only apply this where my skin has visible pores, so for me that's right around my nose and right between my brows. The MAC girl told me I needed to press it into my skin - not rub, and to let it dry for a full 5 minutes before applying any makeup on top. So every morning I dab dab dab and then let it dry while I speed flat iron my hair (less heat = less damage!).

I must admit, I don't have terrible pores to begin with, so I don't know if this would give you an invisible look if you have really large pores, but it is worth trying out! I really like how it works on my skin. It also claims to reduce oil and shine, but my skin is dry so I can't be the best help on that declaration.

Could this be my first real MAC skincare love? I will keep you guys posted on my thoughts.

xoxo
Elle Fowler

29 comments on "Pores no more!"

NatKat on March 29, 2010 at 4:24 AM said...

Gonna have to try it!
Thanks Elle! :) I love your videos, btw!

Anonymous said...

elle im about to get on accutane and i'm very scared for an initial break out what was yours like?

Anonymous said...

I miss your vids!! Hope you're feelin better

Camilla Holm on March 29, 2010 at 4:32 AM said...

I would love if Denmark had MAC stores, or at least sold MAC.
I glad that I'm going to USA after the summer holiday as an exchange student... for a year ;)!
I really wanna try it!
Thanks Elle. - And I love your vidoes too ;)!

Paulina on March 29, 2010 at 4:48 AM said...

Might actually have to try that out.

Anonymous said...

Prep + Prime is an amazing line! I have the powder and the SPF50 primer and I don't know how I lived without them ;)

Angela (SparkleMidori) on March 29, 2010 at 6:22 AM said...

This sounds really nice. I have very visible pores around my nose area so I may give this a try.


Angela
www.SparkleMidori.com

lake breeze on March 29, 2010 at 6:26 AM said...

If any of your readers have bigger pores, the Clinique pore minimizer is like the highest rated on makeupalley. I just got it yesterday and so far so good.

emily serra on March 29, 2010 at 6:45 AM said...

hi elle!
i have a lot of problems with my pores and what worked best for me was the clinic pore minimizer.
it reduces my pores and it reduces my oilyness!
i love it!! (:
btw i loooove youre videos
xoxo,emily

Anonymous said...

Hi Elle, I left you in twitter a question several days ago, you probably have too many twits! I have a question, I started using a lotion that prevents the appearance of acne that is used at night and also a nourishing cream, but do not know which one I should use first, please help!!
keep writing, I love your blog ^ ^
XOXO
Mikiska

Wallflower on March 29, 2010 at 8:08 AM said...

Oh they were advertising that for their Tabloid Beauty collection and I was tempted to get it after seeing it online, but I went to the store and saw the product and was disappointed because it was so tiny :(
But I might give it a try now if it really works :)

Unknown on March 29, 2010 at 9:50 AM said...

Thanks Elle! Even though I am younger I'll keep this in mind for when i start wearing more makeup! I have combination skin, and places can get oily throughout the day! My pores are somewhat noticable in places because I have acne...I'm planning to have that pretty much taken care of within the next year or so :) (i'm trying hard to get rid of it and its working!)

Carla on March 29, 2010 at 9:56 AM said...

I hope that you are felling better. I will have to give the primer a try. thanks!! have a great day!!

The Fac Couture on March 29, 2010 at 10:06 AM said...

Hi Elle, I used the eye primer from MAC but I didn't like it becos it's slightly oily...My eye-shadows still crease. Any other eye primer to recommend me?

xoxo,
JN from The Fac Couture
www.thefaccouture.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I bought this when it came out and only used it a couple of times. I forgot about it until now. I don't remember why I quit using it, but I'm going to dig it out and try again!

Unknown on March 29, 2010 at 10:26 AM said...

sounds really cool!
i really wanna try it out now :)

Anonymous said...

I need to try that =] The only mac skincare that I've tried is the microfine refinisher its actually a really good exfoliater

I really hope that anonymous person doesn't go on accutane, my friends has leukemia and his doctors think that accutane caused it.

cg on March 29, 2010 at 10:59 AM said...

Elle, do try out Clinique's Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector. It is in almost identical packaging and works awesome! I have quite large pores (thank you, acne that took 8 years to go away!), and I've found that it has a really good mattifying effect.. It doesn't of course make them completely invisible, but good enough to make a girl happy. It retails for about $17.50 wherever--Sephora, Macy's, Nordstrom.. Thanks for your review--I'll definitely check out to see if MAC works better.

Anonymous said...

why is mac so much more expensive in london?? i dont get it!!! but lush is waaaay cheaper here :) love ya elle. from molly xxx

Luna on March 29, 2010 at 12:55 PM said...

omg i been using this for about
2 months and it works for me
im glad it worked for u too!

Makeup Kitten on March 29, 2010 at 2:31 PM said...

Nice tip!

I will definitely check this out!

Ree on March 29, 2010 at 3:06 PM said...

Hi Elle! I've always admired your blog and Youtube Channel. I recently put up a blog myself:www.reeblog21.blogspot.com.(It's not much yet) and was wondering how to give it a cool template like yours. I would be overjoyed if you messaged me and told me where you got your template from. Thank you so much!-Ree

Devea on March 29, 2010 at 3:14 PM said...

Sounds really great! Might try this out! I too am very picky with skincare, especially with MAC!

Anonymous said...

What happened to project 10 pan? hahah. no worries i would give in too. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Elle and blair are my true idols who inspired me to make videos on youtube! i just started saturday! Pleasssseeeee watch my vids!!! comment rate and subscribe!!!!http://www.youtube.com/user/BeautyLover4Ever
THANKSSSSSSS!!!♥

Anonymous said...

PLEASE post another vid! I totahlly miss them! You are my FAV ♥

Lydia on March 30, 2010 at 7:01 PM said...

For pore vanishing, I like Burt's Bees pore refining face mask with french clay...it is only $8 and comes in a powder. You mix it with a little water and slather it on your face- then leave it on until it's hard! It feels very refreshing and makes my pores noticeably smaller!

Wallflower on April 2, 2010 at 11:25 PM said...

Hey Elle, can you do a review/ tell me which one you prefer between the Mac Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone Treatment vs Smashbox Photo Finish Prime?

Unknown on April 29, 2010 at 5:22 PM said...

To the Fac Couture.. I started using Shu Uemura cream eyeshadow as lid primer love love LOVE it! worked so great..if you want more info (with pics) check out my blog

Amber
www.confessionsofahairstyilst2009.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b